Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Change of seasons

This week has been gorgeous. No, really. Unseasonably warm weather, grass visible in most of the yard (yes, that's right, GRASS!), and the masses of adorable birds flitting around the patio. So, of course, we all come down with a monster, nose killing, mucus festival of a cold.  Finn started it all on Saturday. Steve noticed him sniffling while at the zoo. By the time I got home from my tattoo appointment, he had commenced the sneezing. Sunday and Monday the cold progressed to full blown rivulets of snot and a glorious hacking. By Tuesday both Steve and I had itchy throats. Today I woke up feeling like I could barely breathe. Steve's colds rarely ever progress past the itchy throat phase, the lucky bastard. Finn and I spent the majority of the day snuggle up on the couch under the big comforter watching movies and eating chicken noodle soup.  What a way to spend a lovely 60 degree day.

Anyways, rewind to Saturday. It ended up being quite fun. Mom and I started our day in Erie with some gut-filling grub from Moe's and then hit up Target to find a suitable party dress for my birthday. Gave up on finding a dress and settled on a cutesy floral skirt that I will get infinitely more wear out of than a dress anyways.  Headed downtown to Karma and spent the next 3.5 hours under the skillful hand of Doug Lopretto.  I hadn't even seen the artwork before then, and I have to say I was blown away. I still am actually. He got the linework and about half the shading done. I'm hoping to make my next appointment at the end f April. I can't wait to see this gorgeousness colored in.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I am in love with your new ink! Such a cool subject and very well done.

Twwly said...

OOH love the sleeve!

MamaShark said...

Thanks ladies!