One month old and already being silly with Steve
Two months old brought us the start of his infectious giggle and his first smiles
Three months old at HellCity Tattoo. He was quite the hit with my fellow SG's.
Four months old and summer had started. This meant much time spent in the backyard enjoying the grass of our teensy Erie lot
Five months old came with lots of co-napping for everyone
Six months old and exploring the zoo with nana and pap. He also got reacquainted with Martini when she visited us from Toronto.
7 months and....well, just look at that face.
8 months old and celebrating his first Halloween as a portly, immobile pirate.
9 months old brought us crawling, pulling up and a Thanksgiving turkey
10 months old and he's getting to be quite the little man
And now for something I swiped from Gillian at http://www.typealice.com/blog. If you have a chance to read her blog, do. She's such an amazing woman and mom. And she makes really adorable slings (which I would buy in bulk if Finn wasn't so all about motoring on his own these days).
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Was pregnant (well only for a month into 2008)
Had a beautiful son
Spent every single day with a baby and documented just about every minute of it
Cheered on my husband's band at many local shows
Attended a tattoo convention....with said baby
Took up sewing
Actually stuck with sewing
Witnessed Finn growing from tiny cuddly human larvae into a crazy, energetic little boy (who needs to get off of that table RIGHT NOW!)
Found great mothering role models
Walked. A lot.
Found a new respect for parents everywhere (well some parents)
Attempted to grow tomatoes
Failed at growing tomatoes
Bought and ate a ton of veggies from local farms
Perfected my nacho recipes
Did some baking (and the results were edible!)
Gave up some friendships
Rekindled other friendships
Remained unemployed for longer than a few months
Moved from Erie back to my hometown
Went slightly crazy for a bit, but became better for it
Yup, I resolved to be the best mum I could be. I think I'll keep that one up for the new year
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Eh, my cousin had a baby, and so did a handful of SG friends
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My grandpa died at the beginning of 2008.
5. What countries did you visit?
Umm....none. We've been US-bound since having Finn. However we did import the best lady in Canada for an all-too-short visit
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More close friends, thinner thighs
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 14th, 2008- The day I kissed childless life goodbye and gave myself over to another human being completely
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I'm gonna have to go with becoming a parent. In fact I'm pretty sure that'll be the biggest acheivement of my life
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to breastfeed as long as I would have liked.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Hmmm...I had a pretty bad cold. Oh and a touch of PPD.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
BumGenius diapers. I'm waaay too excited about things that Finn poops and pees in.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I have no idea
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I'm gonna have to go with Gillian on this one and say judgemental moms on the interwebs. Oh and teenage girls. Bleh.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To a 2 and half foot tall pipsqueak
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Absolutely everything Finn does, or attempts to do. He's amazing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I'm not sure I could narrow it down to one
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, waaaaay thinner, poorer (but getting better)
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Gone to the beach, taken even more walks.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Unwrapping presents in the morning followed by a late lunch where we all stuffed ourselves senseless. Later on Steve and I took my grandma home and then drove arond a bit looking at lights. Then at Finn's bedtime he threw a fit and we had to go back out for another drive to get him to sleep.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
SVU, House, The Most Dangerous Catch
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
DiaperFree Baby, and Love is a Mix Tape
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know.
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
Oodles of tax free money, lots of photo work, a pony
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Christ...did I even see any movies this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 25, and I went rather unwillingly to see Steve's band play an all ages show. Afterwards we went and snagged a drink and then ate at the breakfast place.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having our own place
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Ummm.....I try to wear things that go well with baby puke?
32. What kept you sane?
Finn's smile and infectious laugh.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Gwen Stefani. She has such adorable babies
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Prop 8. Grrrrrrrr
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Tita. She's such a ball of happiness. It's pretty ridiculous actually
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
People without kids can only hear about your child so many times before they get annoyed.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.