Friday, November 14, 2008

Fast times

Well, it seems my baby is turning into a little boy. And quickly. Steve and I went out for a date night last Saturday and came home to a son that could pull himself up and break everything on the coffee table. The next day he decided he'd had enough of crawling backwards and set off to explore the house in a forward crawl (but didn't make it much further than the other side of the living room). Yesterday he explored under the end tables, threatened to take to the stairs and later on terrorized the dining room and attempted to sneak some dog food into his slobbery little mouth. Oh boy indeed. I guess he had to move on to the out of arms phase at some point, I just thought it would be more gradual. Suddenly he wants nothing to do with being carried unless its absolutely necessary (or if he needs a kiss on the head after bumping it on the entertainment center one too many times). Also today he learned (well, actually just randomly started doing) "soooo big", which entails throwing his arms way up above his head when you ask him "How big is Finnegan?" and waving hi/bye. What a crazy little guy.

Even crazier, when I think about it, is the fact that just a few years ago I wouldn't have even been able to imagine being married let alone being someone's mum. Then when I met Steve everything changed. From the moment we met I knew I could settle down with him and raise a family. I don't know what it was exactly. Maybe it's that he made me feel safe for the first time in a long while, or the fact that he made me laugh so hard without trying, or perhaps its that he knew how to dance or that i kicked his ass at monopoly and mariokart on our first date...but whatever it was, it definitely got me hooked. It's been an insane couple of years for us, but I can't help but look forward to many many more years with him. He is truly my lobster.

No comments: