Monday, February 22, 2010

Potty monster

I don't know how it's come to this, but I'm about to rip my hair out.

Last year at this time, Finn was darn near fully potty independent. we started using EC when he was about 8 months, which is considered a late start as far as EC goes. But he did so wonderfully with it. I knew his pee scedule by heart. And if we were doing something that involved not being right by a potty, say driving, he would hold his bladder until we got to our destination and were able to get to the nearest bathroom.  And for awhile there he even got really regular with his pooping too. Very morning as soon as he'd wake up, on the potty he'd go and within a few minutes he'd be pottied and back in his jammies ready to start the day.

And then we moved into our new place. And things started going downhill. Fast. First his bm's became more irregular. Then he began wetting in between trips to the potty. He'd pee in the potty and as soon as his diaper was back on he'd wet it as well.  Then he began only wanting to sit on and use his potty if we read books. Which is fine. But then it grew into a game almost. We'd sit and read book, after book, after book. And when we'd give up and put the diaper back on...instant wetting.  Now it's to the point that he won't even sit on the potty. He screams, he kicks, he throws punches. He does the ol' stiff as a board move. He'll roll on the ground. Anything to not sit on the potty.  Just recently he's started telling us when he's peed again, which I guess is a step in the right direction since he hasn't even been doing that for the past few months. I've tried everything to get him back on track, and I'm at my wits end.   I just wish I knew what was going on in his little head.

No comments: