Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fridge of gross and moving out

First, a picture from bedtime s few nights ago. He looks so sweet. Completely unlike the hellion he is when awake.

So today while Finn was napping I took it upon myself to clean out the basement fridge since it will be coming with us to out new house. It's mostly used here for stashing drinks and a surprising amount of condiments (all of which expired 2 years ago). After ridding the fridge of its occupants I set to scrubbing. Not too bad, I thought. A few gross spots, but easily cleaned. Until I pulled out the crisper drawers. Underneath them was a puddle a half inch deep of goopy, coagulated something. I'm still not sure what it was. All I know it when I doused it ith hot water to melt it the stench it released was vomitous. I actually had to make a mad dash to the patio door for air, nearly knocking over the by then awake Finn. So effing gross. But now it's clean and unplugged and ready to move on out. So glad that's over with. Blech.


Tonight we go and sign the paperwork for our lease and hand over more money than we've ever paid for anything before. Tomorrow Finn and I are going to move in small stuff with my car and set up the bathroom (I think it's the only room we have everything for). I have to take window measurements tonight for curtains, and perhaps while Finn naps tomorrow I can whip up the cafe curtain for the kitchen at least. We have drapes for Finn's room and our room as well, so that leaves me to fashion curtains for the living room, dining room and spare bedroom. I think we've bitten off more than we can chew with our hopes of getting the place set up by the end of the weekend. Sigh. We'd so hoped to break ground for the garden next week, but we'll have to wait and see how the next few days go I think.


Okay, enough for now.

No comments: